Succeeding as an Indie Developer in the Evolving Mobile Gaming Market
May 13, 2013 San Francisco – Hotel Kabuki
At Mobile Gaming USA West, we’re always looking to provide our attendees with innovative content from leaders in the indie gaming space. That’s why we’re excited to be holding our Independent’s Day summit that will focus on the most pressing issues facing the indie development community for mobile games.
Taking place on May 13, the day prior to Mobile Gaming USA West, Independent’s Day will feature presentations and panels from leading indie developers representing the Bay Area and beyond.
Now we’re offering you the opportunity to attend both Independent’s Day and Mobile Gaming USA West at a low price through our new All-Access Pass. This pass gives attendees the chance to attend three days of sessions, two evening receptions, and the opportunity to network with leading developers and publishers from throughout the industry.
Everything that you loved about Mobile Gaming USA West is getting even better thanks to our Independent’s Day summit. We can’t wait to see you there!
1:30-2:00 PM – Registration
2:00-2:45 PM – Keynote Presentation
The Essential Toolkit for Mobile Indie Developers
- Dissecting the business aspects of mobile gaming after your game has been created, from user acquisition on a tight budget to analytics to better monetize your core audiences.
- Understanding your marketing options and what resources they entail for your business, including cross-promotion, PR, and social media.
- Analyzing partnership opportunities with publishers and AAA developers – What they can offer you and what you’ll have to give up in return.
Wilson Kriegel (President, Paltalk)
2:50-3:35 PM – Keynote Panel
When to hold them and when to fold them: From entrance to exit as an Indie in mobile gaming
- Explaining the keys to establishing value for your studio early in the game - How have successful mobile Indie developers built the foundations for success from the outset?
- Considering the funding factor – Learn how and why funding from angels, VC’s, and publishers will influence your studio’s value when it comes time to sell.
- Getting back in the game – Discover the art of becoming an Indie mobile developer once again post-acquisition. What lessons have successful developers taken with them when they look to start over their career cycle?
Wilson Kriegel (President, Paltalk)
Dan Fiden (Partner, Signia Venture Partners)
Michael Zhang (CEO, ZQGame)
Henry Yeh (Founder, Brilliant Rise Ltd.)
3:40-4:10 – Coffee Break
4:15-5:15 – Lightning Talks
- Emerging Trends in Indie Mobile Games (Mark Lackey, CEO, 2Clams) – A look into the development trends of mobile games for Indie developers across platforms. What’s coming up over the next five years?
- New Platforms, New Opportunities (Brian Bruning, Director of Content Management, MOGA) – Evaluating how new mobile platforms represent an opportunity for Indie game developers.
- Mind Your Marketing (Jason Wonacott, CEO, Wonacott Communications) – A discussion of the PR, social media, and promotional tips, tricks, and tools that Indie developers can utilize to effectively market their mobile games without breaking the bank.
- Secrets of the App Stores (Japheth Dillman, CCO & Co-founder, YetiZen) - Learn the secret algorithms that both Apple and Google use to rank apps in their app stores. These secrets can help you unlock wider, cheaper, and maximized distribution of your mobile game titles.
5:30-6:30 – Networking drinks/speed networking